Professional Biography of Mr. Randall Terry
One of America's Best Known Pro-Life Leaders
Also a TV Host, Author, Activist, Lecturer
The New York Times called him an "Icon" of the Pro-Life Movement.
Born: 1959 to Michael and Doreen Terry.
Graduated: Elim Bible Institute (Student body President) 1981.
Graduated: Empire State College, SUNY; Communications Concentration, 2006.
Mr. Terry Founded Operation Rescue, and led the largest civil disobedience movement in American history, with over 70,000 arrests in the "rescue movement."
Mr. Terry has been arrested nearly 50 times, and has been incarcerated for over one year of his life (accumulated jail and prison time.)
Author of following books: Operation Rescue, Accessory to Murder, Why Does a Nice Guy Like Me Keep Getting Thrown in Jail?, The Sword, The Judgment of God, A Humble Plea, and Sanguis Innocens, Sanguis Sanctus.
Appearances: Randall has been a guest on: Oprah, 60 Minutes, Nightline, Hannity and Colmes, Larry King Live, Good Morning America, 20/20, 48 Hours, Scarborough Country, Crossfire, Sonya Live, Donahue, Italian Television, Niko Television, ABC World News Tonight, CBS News, and NBC News.
He has been featured in the New York Times, The Washington Post, The Rolling Stone, The Washington Times, The Los Angeles Times, Time Magazine, Newsweek, US News & World Report, People Magazine, Roll Call, der Spiegel, Christianity Today, and many other major newspapers in the United States.
Points of Interest about Mr. Terry:
- He is an accomplished musician, singer, and songwriter. Several of his Nashville recordings received extensive airplay in 2002.
- Recorded two CDs in Nashville - country, rock, and gospel – all written by him
- Is a devoted fan of the Beatles, Saturday Night Live, and Austin Powers
- Is a prankster, a practical joker; friends say he has a great sense of humor
- Met Pope John Paul II
- Lectured at the Vatican.
- Traveled to 26 countries, and lectured around the world
- Wrote five of his books while incarcerated (using his time wisely!)
- Has received numerous death threats on himself and his family
- Was sued by various abortion groups, filed bankruptcy, lost everything
- Has an extensive library, with many artifacts and icons